Concerning the most appropriate method to develop the Learning Units, professionals have responded that the best option to implement this Learning Unit is to combine two methods: face-to-face and online. The number of professionals that prefer this combination is the double that who prefer one of the options.
Concerning the most appropriate method to work with the NEETS, the most interesting conclusion is that for working with NEET is necessary to work in person. Between the options to work in a group or individual, the professionals prefer to work in a group. Moreover, they highlight other important aspects such as that the dynamic will be participative and active or the possibility to use the online method.
Concerning the characteristics of the interviewed, the results of these questions show us that the participants have different years of experience. The professionals with more experience have participated in greater number. This is positive for the results of this report because we have more opinions from more experiences.
Regarding to the training of professionals, we find professionals from different fields.
During the open audit every country collect comments and suggestions that can be transversal and considered out of the areas that CoMWork stablish.
The suggestions are:
- It is needed to work together with NEETs.
- The professional team should be multidisciplinary.
- follow a plan and reach the goal it is needed to set smalls objectives. And objectives that can be archived for the NEET.
- work in group and in individual way.
- We have to take into account that there is a lack of cooperation between institutions: there is no traceable information what is happening with the NEET after his / her registration in the labour market offices.
- The personal attitude of the professional is a cornerstone – if he/she will be engaged and devoted to his/her work.
- What motivates professionals is to see how young people are reaching the goals, always considering their needs
- If youngers find a job or start training, the professionals will motivate and will continue helping others.
- create a bond of trust with young people so they do not see the professional as the enemy but as an aid to be able to go if he/she needs help.
- It is important the concept of “deconstruction” of negative representations associated with stereotypes like the “drug addict” the “gypsies”, “marginal”, etc.
- Deepening of the specific context of each young person who accumulates negative social and personal situations in relation to training activities.
- Consider the motivational Paulo Freire influencing strong relationships with active citizenship and encouraging transformative education initiatives and support social change.
- The promotion of volunteering as a way for young to develop skills before becoming NEETs.
- Is necessary to do sustainability of the programs;
- There is not enough training to work with NEETs. Neither dissemination about the existing opportunities and services.
- The young people do not have real perspective about the opportunities that they have and what is the situation at the labour market – preferred occupations, valued skills and competences.
- Most of the services are targeting at adults (18+) and the chance NEETs between 16-18 years old to be involved in programs are few.