Purpose of this tool is to design a focused interview framework with key actors, as indicated in the template for national research.
Interviews aim at understanding the tangible impact of the NEET phenomenon on the job of key actors, in support of nation-wide statistics and surveys that will have been collected over the same period.
Focus identified so far are only exploratory and can be grouped into two types:
- the respondent’s opinion (about nature, causes, solutions of the phenomenon);
- respondent’s tangible experiences of the phenomenon.
1) The NEET phenomenon from the interlocutor’s perspective (is there such a thing as a NEET condition, in your opinion?)
2) Outstanding features of the condition of NEET, from the point of view of the interlocutor (what do they have in common with each other, in your opinion?)
3) Negative / positive features of compulsory and higher education system that influence the NEET condition.
4) Causes and social conditioning which can induce or get out of the condition of NEET (have you ever noticed any influences of the peer group / family?)
5) Type of actions performed by the interlocutor to handle cases of NEET? (actions at individual organization level, links and synergy with other organizations, etc.).
6) What are the aspects in educational and related to the guidance in the labor market linked to the phenomenon?
7) What are the single worker competences needed to avoid or to get out of the NEET condition (technical, cross-competences, basic, relational etc.)?
8) Cases of success / failure in the experience of the interlocutor (describe just real experiences with people – how they become or get out of NEET condition, strategies that have been used).
9) What are the needs for adaptation of the traditional education system and also the non-traditional system (necessary changes according to the interlocutor in the compulsory education system / higher / professional)?
10) What kind of professional profiles are required the operators working in services? Are they suitable for the type of intervention with NEET young people?
11) Are hereby adopted references to the competences repertoires in Europe, or are implemented adjustments to the European guidelines?